If you are considering entering the Buy to Let market then we can offer advice on the best types of property to purchase and give an indication on the level of return that you can achieve.
Starting with a free no obligation market appraisal we will visit your property and offer advice on any aspect of the letting procedure that you require. If necessary, we will make suggestions of any improvements that we feel would benefit the property prior to letting. We will also provide a realistic rental figure based on comparable types of property in your area and the demand for your particular type of property.
As members of the National Association of Estate Agents, the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and The Property Ombudsman you can be assured of a professional service at all times.
As members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors you have the peace of mind that any monies held by the firm on your behalf are covered by the RICS Clients Money Protection Scheme.
At Munton & Russell we understand that not all Landlords require the same type of service when letting out their property. Therefore we are able to offer both a full letting and management service for those Landlords that prefer to distance themselves from the day to day responsibility of dealing with their property, and a tenant find service for those Landlords that prefer a more hands on approach.
TENANT FIND/LETTING SERVICE
- Free no obligation market appraisal
- Advertise your property at www.muntonandrussell.co.uk, www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, in our eye catching LED window display, and in the Lincolnshire Free Press
- Contact suitable applicants that we have registered with us
- Erect an eye catching ‘To Let’ board at the property
- Accompany prospective tenants to view the property and provide detailed feedback to you
- Arrange safety checks as required under the gas and electrical regulations
- Obtain references and a credit check to verify the suitability of the prospective tenants
- Carry out Right to Rent checks to confirm the applicant's right to reside in the UK
- Prepare a detailed Inventory and Schedule of Condition of the property including colour photographs
- Arrange for the preparation of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement
- Read the meters and inform the utility suppliers and the local council of the new tenant’s details
- Test the smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in accordance with The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015
- Collect the first month’s rent, the dilapidations deposit, complete the signing of the Tenancy Agreement and hand over the keys
- Protect the tenant's deposit under the Tenancy Deposit Regulations
- Provide a written statement of account, a copy of the Tenancy Agreement and Inventory, and transfer the funds to the Landlord
- Collect the rent on a monthly basis, provide a statement of account, and transfer the money into the Landlord's account
- Pursue the tenants if they are late paying their rent to find out the reason why and to try and resolve the matter as soon as possible
- Inspect the property on a regular basis to ensure that it is being maintained to an acceptable standard and provide a written report to the Landlord
- Deal with any maintenance or repair issues that may arise and arrange any repairs as required
- Prepare and issue legal notices if required
- Inform the Landlord of any changes in legislation to ensure that they are fully compliant at all times
- Carry out a final inspection of the property to assess the condition and deal with any dilapidations as required before arranging the return of the deposit money